PDA

View Full Version : how big is this tank

Wannabe
03-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah, what's with the Canadians hating the Americans so much? All you hear is how the Canadians look down on the Americans, poke jokes at Bush (so do I), think they are superior to Americans, etc.

Meanwhile, they aren't much better what with Steven Harper as their PM (LOL)! Seems always to be a bit of jealousy.

I can say this: because I live in Canada but I'm American. A whole lot of biased people up here, I'll tell you.

Umm, oh yeah, maybe learn to spell would validate your digs?

RustyNut
03-02-2007, 06:59 AM
I don't understand the hating of Americans by Canadiens either... What have we ever done to Canada other than be good neighbors? I like Canadiens, they have a beautiful country and are generally friendly and nice people to deal with...

Maybe its our American rudeness when Canadiens visit our country that has them miffed?

DogWalker
03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Like any neighbors we'll have occasional little disagreements over whose turn it is to cut the hedge, eg: the price of softwood lumber (just an example, PLEASE let's not start on that). The critical mass of the American economy will often carry the day, which can generate a little envy or resentment at times. I'm guessing that is where NB is coming from, but Blades, you had to know this was a silly place to post that view - now they think we hate them again!

For my part I believe we are very fortunate to have the US as a neighbor. Here in Montreal we direct our petty need to hate someone towards Toronto. :razz:

Northernblades
03-02-2007, 09:31 AM
well we have Edmonton over here.
the points that dog walker raised are all relevant (and again do not need to be started up again)
I do a lot of work with "materials" lumber, aluminum, stuff like that.

and seeing the imperial system makes me cry
1/12
1/32
1/64
1/100
1/1000
now tell me, what could have possessed them to use common sense on the last 2?

I know that when we receive materials it is all imperial, and often end up using it in imperial, just because it is easier. when we ship to the US it is also all im imperial, or in both.
1 way taxes.
buying an American map that shows Canada as a yellow bar marked "Canada" with Alaska only 1/4 inch from Washington.
lastly the lack of understanding that the Americans are terrorists to someone else. no matter what euphemisms that are used, they are an invading force. and are shocked to see retaliation.
it is a battle that could continue forever here.

The US is now at a point where it can not pull out of the war without accepting defeat. that meens victory at ALL costs. terrible situation to be in. only a matter of time till Bush starts looking for a politicaly safe way to pull out, or to end it..

Reason for this rant, is the Twin towers again made it to my news.

as for the spelling isue, it fit the arguement as well as calling me a poo poo head would have. real mature

cichgirl
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Come on, NB. Don asked what size tank he had. The majority of posters here seem to be American. The MAJORITY of people speak in gallons unless the member ASKS for info in litres. You are the only one who seems offended by this. Why would we use metric if we don't use it regularly? Is it cooler? Why would you cry foul and insult a population
over it? Maybe you should have started a new thread rather than rudely start a hijack on this one solely to begin a flame war with Americans.

We're here for a common hobby. I personally don't care what you think of me because your opinion is obviously based on ignorance. That's not my problem - it's your chip on your shoulder and you are entitled to speak your mind and free to be disrespectful if you please. But inflammatory remarks, bigotry and aggression or hateful posts have no place here.

As stated in the TOS:

You agree that you will not post any knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening message, or any containing a personal attack against another member.

Wannabe
03-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Well said, cichgirl. I could say a lot more but I choose to refrain. This is not a political forum; it's pertaining to cichlids, for crying out loud.

Popeye
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys,
As a Brit now living in B.C. Canada and a veteran of the British
Army theres only one thing I can say about this post.
Without the people of the U.S. Canada and the U.K. None of us would be here today sitting on our butts in front of a computer complaining about each others Country.
Come on people we are aloud to do this because of our people.
Thanks, Tony, A Brit, a Canadian and a very proud North American.