PDA

View Full Version : are these tank demensions good for am cichlids? 48-36-12

conig
08-06-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm planning on building a 120 or 180 gallon in the near future. before I buy 1/2 inch lucite/lexon and start on such a huge project I would like to try building a practic tank first.

based on the thickest material my local home depot careing being 1/4 inch I'm limited to biulding a tank 12 inches high. I'd also like to build a practice tank that I could use later for something else and not just one that would be worthless for any of my fish.

useing two sheets with some excess material. I can build a tank with demensions. of 12-36-48 as being a good size tank useing the most of the material costs. the current pair of 10 gallon I keep my dempsey and my texas in now are the same height. but there both small specimens. 3-4inches. can I put these cichlids in a tank of these demensions?

if not what would be good cichlids african or american, or any general fish.

also if rex karr is reading I was wondering for a different issue what size tank/pond he keeps his pacu in.

Karl
08-06-2003, 11:29 AM
i think those are fine dimensions. they will have a lot of lenght and width. they will enjoy the extra area more than height. they dont really need height either. You can probly keep american or african cichlids in there. good luck

conig
08-06-2003, 01:21 PM
cool I was thinking the same thing. I am going to try building it over the weekend. I'll try my jack the texas and either a set of blood parrots or a green terror with them.

I had a green terror in the past even though he always hid its a beautify fish. maybe some convicts.

Karl
08-06-2003, 01:29 PM
sounds good to me. good luck with it!