PDA

View Full Version : oscar and mice

jbupland
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
is it a bad idea to feed my oscar pinkie mice i havent done it yet but i want to know what the experiance says before i do something i may regret because he has become my favorite fish

NEO_72
02-18-2007, 08:14 PM
I would say that's a bad idea. Feed some thawed uncooked shrimp (cut in pieces) once or twice a week to vary his deit.

jbupland
02-18-2007, 08:21 PM
i give him rosies every week about 40 of them him and the jd kind of split them more so on the oscars part

Over_Stocked
02-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Rosies, especially if you aren't breeding them yourselves, are a very bad idea. They can cary disease easily and you could easily lose all of your stock. They also offer very little as far as nutrition. If you want to feed live, try earthworms, red worms, try breeding guppies in quarantine, feed thawed shrimp, cichlid sticks, freeze dried krill/shrimp.

Right now, either course is not the best for the oscar--or your collection.

balton777
02-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Over_Stocked
Rosies, especially if you aren't breeding them yourselves, are a very bad idea. They can cary disease easily and you could easily lose all of your stock. They also offer very little as far as nutrition. If you want to feed live, try earthworms, red worms, try breeding guppies in quarantine, feed thawed shrimp, cichlid sticks, freeze dried krill/shrimp.

Right now, either course is not the best for the oscar--or your collection.

Especially if it's your favorite fish as you said.

spifff2003
02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
you could try crickets every now and then too. mine used to love em.