PDA

View Full Version : cloudy water please help

cichniss
01-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I need to solve the problem of my 120g tanks cloudy water. The tank has only been running for about a week and has a couple of fish in it. I am running a canister and an ugf powered by two acl 70 powerheads. Please help me out here. Is it like a bacteria bloom or what? I have added some eco-start to supplement the bacteria growth. I was wondering if i could add some of my convict tank water for the bacteria. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys/gals for the help.:(

cichgirl
01-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Probably is a bacteria bloom. Just needs to cycle. Tank water from an established tank will not help much-- if at all. Established filter media, gravel & decorations will help if transferred. Good luck!

Josh84
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
If its only been up for a week and you have cloudy water that is perfectly normal. It justs means the tank hasnt cycled yet. Its probably amonia or nitrates causing it. Its perferctly normal. I wouldnt add any fish until it has totally cycled, except for some danios or black skirt tetras to help it cycle and get the bacteria created. Your tank will probably stay cloudy for 1 to 2 weeks maybe even less.

Steve C
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
You could also try Bio Spira.

What you describe sounds like "New Tank Syndrome". Lots and lots and lots of threads about it on the forum.

Glaive
01-31-2007, 05:30 PM
If it is a white cloudy I would side with every one one else, should clear in a weeks time maybe sooner.

Josh84
02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Steve C i was looking for that term but couldnt remember it. perfectly put