PDA

View Full Version : Bumblebee cichlid babies

BlackCamaroSS99
07-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Well it seems my bumble bee has had babies as my dad bought her from the store and she was prego...

They are hiding under the moon rocks in my 125 gal and the only way to get them out would be to take all the rocks out and theirs over 100lbs of rocks in the tank and stacked very carefully in the perfect fitting spots so its solid....

What are their chances of living to a decent size to ward off the other med to large africans....they have made it atleast a week or two now and their seems to be at least 4 or 5 of them....

It would stress the heck out of my current africans to take the whole tank apart like the for some babies....although I'd like to see them live theirs really no way I can get them out till they leave the rock structures....

What would you do?

BSwan27
07-27-2003, 11:18 AM
I would leave them in there. There's a very small chance that theywill survive but I would not want to stress out the other fish in the tank. And that is a lot of rock to move.

Karl
07-27-2003, 04:57 PM
i would keep them in there

jonah
07-27-2003, 06:40 PM
I'd leave them in the tank. If some survive, fine, but there'll be other batches if they don't. It's hard to keep mbuna from breeding.

BlackCamaroSS99
07-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Well she was in an assorted african tank from what I've gathered so who knows what she bred with....if one lives it ought to be interesting....

dynasty
08-02-2003, 07:20 PM
i`d leave them in there and let nature take it`s place i`m pretty sure the mother will protect them. plus there heavy rocks

dynasty
08-02-2003, 07:27 PM
sorry but i just remembered that you should let the mother raise her cichlids or in the future when the babies have babies they will abanden there own cichlids, so it is best to leave them.

Mbuniac
08-03-2003, 01:12 AM
I leave all my hybrids in my 125 in hopes that they will become snacks. So far I have 8 Electric Yellow/Red Zebra hybrids from three hatches that are past the 1.5" size. Maybe I should not feed them for a few days to see if the problem disappears. LOL
Sam