PDA

View Full Version : Neolamprologus tretocephalus

Oscarmeir
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey y'all
I have a 46+ gallon bf currently stocked with 2 yellow labs, 1 female kenyi, 1 red zebra, 1 socolofi, 1 demosoni, 1 acei, 1 Metriaclima greshakei (albino) and 1 peacock who is yet to be ID. They are all 2"-4" and seem to be getting along great.
In any event yesterday I picked up this fellow...
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/oscarmeir/DSC04143.jpg
so far hes just been shy hanging out in the bushes but he'll come out for food.
Questions.
1. Does he require a different diet than the rest of em?. right now I'm feeding these little pellets that enhance color (lfs quote)
2. Will his fins which seem slightly ragged grow back?
3. Am I crazy for adding him to an already potentially volatile group which is miraculously getting along?!
Thanx Guys

AndrewDru
12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
1. the demosoni is the real tricky one with the diet u have to realy strick with there dietry needs.
2. the fins should grow back as long as the others leave him alone
3. wait till they all hit 4" and ull know for sure on volatile natur of your tanks my experence there is a big cahnge in behaviour for a 2" fish to a 4" fish when they all hit 4" they will want there own space.

Nice fish that pic makes me want to take a trip to the LFS and get one LOL

RustyNut
12-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Demasoni and Peacocks are on opposite ends of the spectrum dietwise.... The Tret is a tangayikan with a diet similar to the Peacock....

aharris
12-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Trets can be vicious if they decide they want their own space. You don't have a pair so you may be all right. Then again, you may not . . .