PDA

View Full Version : Pink/Gold Peacock?

sik-lid
12-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I was at my lfs the other day and i was a peacock labled pink/gold. Ive never heard of these befor, but the thing was neon pink! Probably a hybrid but i was wondering if people were injection africans with dye now? OR a nice acid bath. That stuff makes me really mad and i have boycotted the other lfs for having dyed fish. O well just wondering if anyone knows?

Thanks
Sik-lid

Jeto
12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
could it be a strawberry peacock?

Josh84
12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
albino probably?

Chewy
12-14-2006, 09:48 PM
painted. Sometimes listed as strawberry

Josh84
12-15-2006, 09:39 AM
unbeleivable if they have started to paint africans

sik-lid
12-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Thats what i was thinking, why would you want to "paint" a fish that is already colorful? At least i understand the baisis behind "painting" a drab, brown fish (that does not mean that i do not think its wrong). I managed to snap a pic with my camera phone but its really not that good, ill see if i can post it.

SabrinaD
12-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Could it be one of the bred fish like those danios? You know the neon pink (and now yellow) danios that they inserted DNA from another animal into and are now breeding? I did hear that they were going to try it on other fish at some point but I though it would be tetras.

RustyNut
12-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Man playing god.... Truly the end is nigh! :wink:

I hope they don't begin messing with dna insertions like that... but I guess it is eventual. (Green pigs come to mind)

Josh84
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SabrinaD
Could it be one of the bred fish like those danios? You know the neon pink (and now yellow) danios that they inserted DNA from another animal into and are now breeding? I did hear that they were going to try it on other fish at some point but I though it would be tetras.

the glowlight danios right? the orange ones

sik-lid
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Sorry, i could not get the pic to poast because it said that the file type was not correct and i dont know how to change all that stuff.