PDA

View Full Version : Africans with invertabrates

JJParker
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know if I can spice up my african tank with an invertabrate, perhaps a cobalt blue lobster which grow in captivity to be around 5in.

LuckyCricketMafia
12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Nice tank:) ......... what kind of rocks do you have in there... slate and ? How big is that tank?? Oh and I don't think it would last very long.. Back to the tank, what do you have in there????

JJParker
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks, on the left side I have rocks from a stone yard which I paid for the right side are slate and I borrowed them from the smokey mountains as I was passing by. As far as the fish go, I have a variety, One of everything that I could get my hands on.

JJParker
12-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh by the way it is a 55ga, I have a cobalt zebra, 2 clown or ob zebra, jack demsey, bumble bee, auratus, 2 jewels, 3 yellow labs, 2 sunshine peacocks, blue peacock, red peacock, and a few others that are questionable.

AndrewDru
12-05-2006, 02:49 AM
i tryed the lobster a few years ago and they ate him when he shed his shell. it was a bit crule to watch and a very expensive snack.

RustyNut
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, when the crayfish molt, usually they become expensive cichlid treats.

They will also hunt your fish during the night when they get full sized... they are not very good, but they get lucky once in a while.

cichlidpower
12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I had a crayfish hide in my plants and jump at fish like in a cartoon. Recomend you keep crayfish alone.