PDA

View Full Version : white sore on nose? fighting or sore?

Sinful
11-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I think its a male kenyi, not 100%...but he has recently developed a sore or wound of some sort. What do ya'll think it is?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/Mattsworld/whitespot.jpg

Sinful
11-22-2006, 11:42 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/Mattsworld/whitespot2.jpg

Matt V
11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Rocks in that tank look kinda rough. I would guess it's from fighting or from trying to snack/hide in the coral.

he looks fine otherwise. if it doesn't go away soon, you might worry. otherwise, wouldn't be too concerned.

Matt V
11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
oh, and i'm 100% sure that's a male kenyi (Metriaclima lombardoi).

Josh84
11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I did once buy a baby whale who was 6 inches long not knowing it was a fish who loved to hide. So when he hid he hid in a cave that was barley able to fit him, I noticed after the first day of having him a developed a sore kinda as u described, But after observeing him he was really scittish and when i turned the tank light on he would freak out being he was nocturnal and would make a dash for the cave. The cave was rock and he would hit it with his front head/nose area. Day after day the sore became increasingly worse until the sore from him banging his head on the sore got so deep i thought i could see his brain. He eventually died from the wound. Maybe your african
is hitting their head against that rock in a similar way my baby whale was. I wouldnt think it would be a disease. Hope i could help.

Glaive
11-22-2006, 04:19 PM
My chicken (S. fryeri) liked to camp out in a flower pot that was two inches too small for him, needless to say it went bye bye.

On the sore, what it closely and keep up the water changes to ensure good water quality, you can also add some aquarium/kosher salt to help stave infection and promote his mucous/slime coat.

MisanthropeKitty
11-23-2006, 09:56 AM
my N. fusco has a similar booboo right now... but he has had it for about a week. it was an open wound but now it had a "scab" over it and it is getting smaller by the day. The scab looks like if i had a scab and i kept it wet all the time.