PDA

View Full Version : Bio-wheel

maxi
11-02-2006, 10:20 PM
My bio-wheel in my fry tank has recently stopped spinning? How did this happen? I tried taking it out and everything, but the water that the intake brings in is going threw but its not hitting the wheel for some reason. I've tried adding more water also. Any suggestions? I cut up a sponge and put it in the intake so the fry wouldn't get sucked up.

OwassoFish
11-02-2006, 10:43 PM
You may have restricted the flow to the point that it's not enough current coming out of the filter to make the wheel turn. Before you take the sponge off though, remove the filter cartridges from inside the filter and clean them thoroughly in tank water or dechlorinated water. I find that once my filter carts get full they restrict the flow to the point that they don't turn anymore. If that doesn't work try taking the sponge off and see if it starts turning then. If it does, thin the sponge to the point where it starts turning again. If you can't do that, then you may need to replace the sponge with some nylon hose (as in ladies stockings) or something similar.

Hope that helps, Good Luck
Charlie

snsa
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM
When you attach foam to the intake, this reduces the pressure in the water flow that is neccesary to rotate the bio-wheel.

try thining the foam, or better use nylon stockings as suggested earlier.

maxi
11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Well.. Guess I'm going to have to wait till the fry get bigger..