PDA

View Full Version : can i add a couple more?

Nightlife
10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I have a 55gallon tank which consists of
2 yellow labs,
2 kenyi 1male 1female,
2 peacocks,
1 socolofi,
1 red zebra,
1 powder blue,
1 livingstoni,
1 striped rapheal
1 syn occellifer
1 plecto

I bought all them about a year ago and to my surprise against what everyone was tellin me i havent lost any due to aggression, they all seem to be pretty mild tempered fish, anyways i was wondering if i could maybe put 2 more fish in there, and if i can what would be the best species? i really want leased 2 more, but more importantly i dont wanna mess up the balance in my tank and make the fish turn aggressive over there territory. anyone have any ideas i would definatly appreciate it.

RustyNut
10-27-2006, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't add anything.

Because all the fish grew up together, and because you've got mostly only one of a given species you've gotten away with a "bad" stocking.... so far.... It may not remain peaceful too much longer. I'd imagine if you bought them all as juvies that some are just now hitting their sexual maturity and new behaviors and territoriality may start anytime.

The Livingstoni will eventually outgrow the tank....and once the Kenyi start to breed I think you might begin having more troubles.... adding a new fish now is tempting fate.... but itdepends also on what you are adding....

DogWalker
10-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Just curious - the kenyi have not bred yet?? If you got them a year ago I would've thought they would have by now if they were going to at all...

sik-lid
11-02-2006, 09:02 AM
how big are they? You could have 2 males, If one male is dominant then the other may remain in female colors as to not challenge the others reign. Or they maight not like eachother.