PDA

View Full Version : jacks messed up my plants !!!!!

spencer
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
my pair of jacks messed up my plants.they broke some in half uprooted others,and have my other fish strest out.i got tyred every morning same thing fix the plants clean pump screans,it was getting old quickly.last night they distroed my tank every plant,in peaces.well,now there liveing in a heated out side coverd pond.maybe thats what they wanted,a litle taste of freedom.the two gold fish wont live long thou.peace!:dance:

cichgirl
10-17-2006, 11:46 AM
That's what jacks do. I don't think anyone here would recommend keeping jacks in a planted tank.

spencer
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
will the africans mess up plants too.i never seen them mess with it,exept for the acationale picking,i spunt too much money on those plants?

cichgirl
10-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Cichlids and planted tanks are nearly impossible. Yes, that includes africans. There are some that can live with certain plants, but most cichlids will destroy most plants.

spencer
10-18-2006, 02:34 AM
well that sucks.thanks cichgirl,its been 1 day since i pulled the jacks out,the plants so far are all right hopefully the africans will not start distroying them if they do i"ll just have to live with it i love my africans and my plants.you know the funny thing is that when i hade my big male green texas with them the plants were fine but he was a bully so i put him in a nother tank maybe he was just keeping them inline so they wouldnt mess up his tank,well pease ,time for bed.

LoJack
10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
the africans usually won't destroy or uproot them ... but having africans in a planted tank is just one really expensive salad bar.

There are a few plants sold that are very bitter tasting and most fish won't eat