PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!! Need advice!!!

suddencichlidaddict
10-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey guys.. well my dog ate my fish food for my cichlids... and I don't have any way of getting any food for a while... what can I feed them, that is around teh house. I ran out of lettuce. So I don't know what else is safe?? What about potatoes??? Please help me soon. Thanks

Chewy
10-15-2006, 01:22 PM
peas, spinach, are usually goot bets

Glaive
10-15-2006, 01:27 PM
How long is a while, less than 28 days?

Scrounge up veggies and maybe uncooked fish.

suddencichlidaddict
10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
the only thing i really have for vegies is potatoes...
im 19... i have lots of junk food in my kitchen... not much for healthy eating... lol... so im kinda in trouble... i don't know what to do
what about crackers?? like im lost here bread?? r the potatoes okay to give them... like cut up??

suddencichlidaddict
10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
im not sure how long it willt ake me to be able to get more fish food

Axeman
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
thawed frozen peas work great, just pop off the skin and they love um! i think potatos would be too hard for them. worms from the yaed maybe?? you should be able to get somthing at the market cheap, unless your snowed in or somthing.

jonah
10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I think the potatoes would probably give them constipation, assuming that they'd eat them in the first place. Spinach, lettuce or peas would be my first choices. If not, just let them go hungry until you can get some more food.

Glaive
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Rememeber most malawian's can go for several weeks if need be, however a head of ramain should be $2, recycle some cans or something.

Freez the letuce to have it keep.

suddencichlidaddict
10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
okay thanks... thats nice to know what i can feed them... if i had a car to go get it... thats the thing thats keeping me from feeding them what i need to, anyway.. ill give my mom a call tomrrow to see if she can take me to the pet store to get some food for them... and i geuss ill have to keep it int he cupboard for now on