PDA

View Full Version : Ich

meeki
09-10-2006, 05:34 PM
So its been a while since I added salt to my aquarium due to ich and I have noticed that it took some of it away but not all, so I was wondering if I could add some pimafix to the tank, the aquarium that has ich has 5 clown loaches 5 severums and 5 giant danios, and one new addition a clown pleco, the temp was 83 but I have been lowering it and it is now 81, let me know if I could add the pimafix thanks!

aharris
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
How bad is the ich? Salt and heat with regular substrate vacuuming at water cahnges has never failed to control an outbreak for me within about two weeks tops. But that is only if I caught the trouble early. If you have a serious infestation, you would be better off getting something like the Jungle Quick Cure. It has Malachite Green in it, and for serious outbreaks, it works better than PimaFix wchich is for bacterial infections not parasitic ones.

Glaive
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I would skip Pimafix, Aharris is right. Use teh correct cure for the ailment, if anything increase teh ammount of salt a little and continue treatment.

Northernblades
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
long timne no see meeki. but the rest are prob right if the 1-2 weeks at 83 with salt didn;t clear it up, time to start looking at comercial methods... keep charcloa, or purigen handy, and wach for stress, especialy in the loaches, they do not like meds

parhaam
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
i'm just increasing tem. to 32*c for 3-4 days for normal cases,unless i'll add afew methylene blue.

OwassoFish
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Make sure you are cognizant of oxygen levels too when raising the temp. Might be a good idea to add a bubbler during the 2 week period of high temps to make sure you keep the water saturated with o2.

You have some good advice up there.