PDA

View Full Version : Oh the violence!!!

WorldNation
05-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Woah, theres tons of violence in my tank today, my red zebra, trewavasae, and male kenyia were fighting a 3 way battle this morning, for like 2 hrs. It was very entertaining(no9ne of them got hurt), they fought all over the tank, al the fish scrammed as soon as they came near them. luckily it settled down, my trewavasae won the battle :) and to ym surprise, my 2 male venustus finally calmed down after weeks of fighting with one another and are back to swiming in a school with the female. wwweeeiiiirrdddd :rolleyes:

Mbuniac
05-03-2003, 11:35 PM
If you have two mature male venustus with one female you are in for constant trouble. Sooner or late on of the males will dominate and could seriously hurt or kill the other. I'd trade one in for another female. IMHO.
Sam

ferdelance
05-10-2003, 01:06 PM
:) I just experiemented with prozac in my tank and it actually seems to work. it calmed down a fish which seemed to have become hyperdominant-it has killed two fish in the last 2 weeks. just open a prozac capsule(not over your tank) and put a tiny amount of powder in the tank it seems to take a day to work. Have not been able to see any harm yet will keep you posted if you are interested

SGypsyMermaid
05-10-2003, 09:27 PM
and just where are we getting the prozac from...hmmmm?

ferdelance
05-11-2003, 11:06 AM
:sygypsy: it curbs my aggressive inpulses
also

WorldNation
05-12-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mbuniac
If you have two mature male venustus with one female you are in for constant trouble. Sooner or late on of the males will dominate and could seriously hurt or kill the other. I'd trade one in for another female. IMHO.
Sam

oh dont worry, i know. the violence is at a minimum. i'm planning one getting rid of the female if it becomes too intense