PDA

View Full Version : ECO Aqualizer

aharris
04-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Has anyone heard of these?

http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/products.asp

I caught the product review in FAMA, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts. If these things work as claimed by both reviewer and the company, wouldn't they be a good buy for aquariums full of maintainence-heavy fish like C. furcifer or water change sensitive ones like Altocomps?

radiodug
05-01-2003, 11:06 AM
I am curious too, has anyone tried this product out? With a 180 day guarentee, including shipping it has me more than a bit curious.

Doug

Boilermaker
05-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Why don't you two be the guinea pigs, and let the rest of us know how they work.
I believe I saw this posted on a diff. site as too good to be true.
but there was no info then, I noticed it explains how it works now.

chc
05-02-2003, 02:54 PM
I like Boilermaker's suggestion!

radiodug
05-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks a butt load you guys! Okay I have one in the tank and just Maybe I will let you know.

Doug

radiodug
05-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi all,

I want to put a plug in here for a new piece of aquarium equipment I got just over 1 month ago. This is called and Eco-aqualizer and can be view/purchased/read about at
http://ecoaqualizer.com/.

I added this inline with a Powerhead to my 55 G community tank. I have no measurable results that I can provide. BUT
my tank water has never been clearer, my fish have never been more colorful, happy and hungry and my amazon Sword is growing a blossom for the first time. Let me give you the basic set up of my tank as it sits right now.

55G with gravel/flourite/sand substrate. A penguin 330 Biowheel filter, and a single sponge filter (there to get seasoned for betta breeding). I have a Aquaclear 401 power head for water circulation. Attached to this, via 1/2 clear tubing is the eco aqualizer, and attached to the output end is another peice of 1/2 tubing which returns the water to the tank. That is the extent of my set up.

Occupants of the tank
3 4-5 inch koi blusher angelfish
2 4-5 inch double dark angelfish
7 3-4 inch boesemani rainbows
3 3-4 inch Madagascar rainbows
2 4-5 inch New guinea Rainbows
1 2 inch dwarf neon rainbow
5 female guppies
4 1-3 inch wild sailfin mollies
3 2-3 inch brochi splendids
2 1 inch pygmy puffers
2 4-5 inch blue panaches
3 1-3 inch corydora sterbei
3 1-2 inch corydora burgessi
3 1-3 inch coydora trilineatus
2 3-4 inch african butterfly fish
3 5-6 inch farlowellas
2 2-3 inch neon swordtails.

As you can see this tank is very crowded. I do a 30% water change 1xper week, rinse my filters and use no other media for filtering. I also have 4 large Pomacea bridgesii. They lay eggs all the time. I used to have a sever algae problem, and had to change water every third day. Since puttin in this unit, my water changes have decreased as shown above. My filters catch more crap and my algae problem has almost disappeared. Now get this, the unit has a 10 year life span, has no moving parts, requires no power other than the powerhead to push water through it, and is guarenteed for 180 days, complete customer satisfaction.

Well today I was rearranging my configuration and broke off a connector. I wrote to the company and ask them if they had any idea what I could do to fix it. By the time they responded, they had a replacement in the mail to me, with a new type connector, and on the honor system requested I return the broken unit. No Cost but shipping.

I give this item my fullest recommendation. My Fish are disease free, healthy happy, more colorful than ever before.

Doug

Boilermaker
05-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Well it sounds like you have had great results Doug, maybe this is the future.
I looked at the site again and noticed more endorsements, I would still like to hear what Chennes has to say, where is Chennes?

radiodug
05-22-2003, 11:03 AM
If I am reading the forum search right, and it works like it is supposed to Chennes hasn't posted since last october.

Doug

aharris
05-22-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm really interested in the results of this. My husband and I have been talking about purchasing one or two for my larger tanks since we discovered that our water faucet and our python are not compatible and we can't find adaptors in any of the local hardware stores.

Jim's theory is that they purposefully built our place with the oddest faucet size probably because it was cheapest.

But less water changes = less bucket hauling at any one time

Guess I'll start saving my pennies :D