PDA

View Full Version : My tank!

stefanos.f
04-26-2003, 05:37 AM
Just have a look here www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/aquainfo/stefanos_nathan1.html and tell me your opinion about my tank! :nervous: Lets tell you some things about me... my name is Stefanos, I m 28 years old, married and I m the moderator for African Cichlids in the G.A.B (Greek Aquarists Board) http://studio.aaquaria.com/board/ (I m sure you want understand a word) Together with my best friend Nathan we own more than 55 tanks all with African Cichlids from the three rift lakes. :wink:

Overawed
04-26-2003, 11:02 AM
OH WOW! :jaw: That is the article I've been looking for.

I am super impressed! Very very nice tanks. The article looks great, I look forward to reading it when I have some time.

Do you ever have problems with your cichlids cutting themselves on those big shells?

stefanos.f
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Well I m glad you liked it! And about your qestion... nope the fishes dont seem to have any kind of problems with the coralls I have in my tank! The coralls also work as a place where small fish and fry can be safe and out of reach from bigger fishes! Most of the Tropheus moorii Kachese and the Neolamprologus leleupi live in the coralls using the bigger holes! If you realy liked my article you can also read an other article I wrote a month ago, here... www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/aquainfo/golden_rule.html Have a nice day!

Boilermaker
04-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Great tanks and articles! How do you like the barnacle looking coral? I've noticed this at the lfs thought it would be great for shelldwellers very expensive though.
Also love those orange leleupi.

stefanos.f
04-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Thank you for your comments! Look the coral works great in my tank without causing any kind of problems! And yes it would work perfectly with shelldwellers but I dont thing it is expensive though! It cost me, for all the corals u see in my tank, about 55, which means not more then 50 $! My leleupis also say thanks for your nice comments! ha ha haaaaaa ha

SGypsyMermaid
04-27-2003, 05:36 PM
those tanks are glorious!!

stefanos.f
04-28-2003, 12:52 AM
I am realy happy u guys like our tanks!!! Thank you - thank you! After 1st of May you ll be able to read a brand new article I wrote for MCH (Malawi Cichlid Homepage) with new pictures! As soon as I get the sites name I ll give you the site so you can have a look!

Boilermaker
04-28-2003, 01:24 AM
No arguments from me on the coral, I was thinking of adding it also great buffer and hiding places!
Its 30$ for a small piece where I live.

stefanos.f
04-28-2003, 01:42 AM
30 $ for a small piece:jaw: Where exactly do u live? The biggest piece of coral for my tank costs 10 (about 8.70$) here in Greece! And I ve got 5 such corals in my tank! Give me your address and I ll send it to u with FedEx... that way u will get it much much cheaper!:wink: :lol:

Boilermaker
04-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Can't afford it right now, need to go to work for a week or so. What do you think that would cost with international shipping rates?
I live in Utah in the desert lol hence the high prices. would like 5 pieces like what you have in your tank.

stefanos.f
05-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi! Here I am again! Just wanted to tell you that U can read my new article at www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/aquainfo/african_cichlids_harmony.html Any comments are welcomed! :D

WorldNation
05-08-2003, 12:16 AM
nice articles, my lil mbuna's aren't "killers" :( they're my babies! i bet that guy had a bad set-up for'em and thats why they all got killed. nice article, good info.

stefanos.f
05-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Thank you, thank you very much:oops: :oops: :oops: