PDA

View Full Version : Proaquatics

Boilermaker
03-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Proaquatic power filters from Petsmart made by Hydor.
I have had a bad experience with these filters.
The first one I bought leaked 3 gallons on to the kitchen floor, Petsmart was very good about it and replaced the filter.
Then after replacing the floor when I set the 34g back up the second one started leaking.
Don't buy these!

merlyn2221
03-30-2003, 12:30 AM
Oh no, not on the NEW floor???

:eek:

WorldNation
03-30-2003, 01:20 AM
maybe it was jsut that shipment that the store got. like some stuff that we get into the store in one shipment, all of the items would have the same thing wrong with them...but yeh, i'll remember that, thnx for the intel :)

Boilermaker
04-01-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by merlyn2221
Oh no, not on the NEW floor???

:eek:

LOL, yes on the new floor just a few drips though, thank god we caught it.
Just got the trim moulding today, yea the trim is a 4week wait through Lowes:confused:

matt1066
04-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a Eheim 2215 and a purchased a sponge made by proaquatics, but alas it is to small. Liked the sponge though. Will go back and buy a bigger one if they make a bigger one. Need a sponge anyone?

Regards,

Matt

ReesaPie
04-07-2003, 08:03 PM
i bought a filter by proquatics that i absoulutly hate. I've had TopFins that filter better and the cartridges cost way more then they're worth.

i do use proquatics water conditioner that i really like that so i guess it's 1 and 1.

Noelemac
04-07-2003, 08:34 PM
I don't like the cartidges for the topfin 20's I have either. They are the same cartridges for the Whisper 60 I have and the frame for these suck. You have this pouch like fiber that you put the frame in and then pour the ??? charcoal into and the frame wont stay shut on top. When I go to rinse them off I have charcoal all in the tub. I like the penguin cartridges better. :rofl: I'm watching Vanilla Ice get beat up on Celebrity Boxing

ReesaPie
04-07-2003, 08:59 PM
yah.. i'm definetly going to have to go with penguin as my favorite brand, though i haven't tried many others (my penguin 330 just does a great job all around, no worries about leaking, or lack of bactirial due to the nifty biowheel, two cartridges so you can clean one at a time, and not a bad price at 40 bucks.)