PDA

View Full Version : Bio-Spira????

joshuaisblink182
02-23-2003, 05:09 PM
I just went out and bought a new 50 gallon tank for my bala sharks. I'm going to put Bio-Spira in then the balas, but when I put my water in the tank it had a ph of about 7.4. thats to hoigh for my balas and my tiger barbes. I was wondering if I could use something like proper Ph while I have Bio-Spira is in the tank? Has anyone done it? Also water softner.

Thanks
Joshua

Corona
02-28-2003, 09:20 PM
ph of 7.4 is nothing, they will adapt no problemo i nkow cuz i have some balas and my tap water ph is 7.4 and there fine,iv tried Biospira and hmmmm i dont think it works as fast as they claim but it is the real deal "live nitrifiying bacteria" i just think it takes bit longer then they say to get a full cycle going but go ahead and use it becouse the bacteria will need to feed on somthing like fish crap :) should cycle in about a week ro so , i was seeing nitrites 3 days after i used it in a brand new tank.

jonah
03-01-2003, 07:59 AM
I agree with Corona about the pH. 7.4 really isn't that bad unless you want to breed them (I think :? ) and the balas would need a huge tank to do that. You could lower your pH a bit with driftwood or peat pellets. They take a bit longer, but the pH will be more stable.