PDA

View Full Version : Fish Tank Coffee Table

jnorris
02-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Does anyone have one? Its a 40 gallon tank that is furniture too..
Humm

http://www.tropicalfishstore.com

I am concerned about the built in filtration. I would like to do a little Tang community with this. I will forced to use gravel since part of the built in feature is a UGF.

Any Comments?

merlyn2221
02-17-2003, 11:54 AM
It looks like a great idea, but there's something weird about it. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Maybe it's because it reminds me of a kitchen sink with glass on it. I don't know....

I think you could achieve the same "look" with a regular tank you built a small frame for and got a piece of plexiglass to cover it. At least it would be rectangular, like a coffee table, unlike this which is square. I think it might be cheaper, too.

But what do I know? It's just an opinion. What does your girlfriend think? :P

My husband, you know the non fish person, would never go for it. I'm still trying to convince him that a 120 gallon on one whole wall of the living room would be "normal." :roll:

A fish tank table is a nice idea though.

FishoPhile J
02-18-2003, 08:29 PM
[quote:04fc968592]I think you could achieve the same "look" with a regular tank you built a small frame for and got a piece of plexiglass to cover it. At least it would be rectangular, like a coffee table, unlike this which is square. I think it might be cheaper, too. [/quote:04fc968592]

... for that matter, you could do the same thing with one of those inflateable kiddy pools... i saw one at the toy store for $25. . . mabey $20 for the plexi, boom! instant 150 gal! :D

jnorris
02-18-2003, 09:42 PM
That seems a little sketchy.

Rudy
02-18-2003, 10:04 PM
I think that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Other than the fact that wouldn't the air circulation be a little bit restrictive????

There is a guy in Vancouver selling a a sucata tortoise with a coffee table enclosure. I would love one.

merlyn2221
02-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Jonathan, have you seen this one? It's a little cheaper than the other. And there are many more!

http://www.aquariumsuppliesgalore.com/category.i?catid=22:1&l=15,5&p=4

I'm gonna try to talk my husband into getting the lamp aquarium on this page! I'd be great for my albino betta!

Think he'll go for it? :?: (NOT!) :lol:

I'm still trying to talk him into a 120 gallon! :roll: