PDA

View Full Version : Filter sucking in air??

contoursvt
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
I cleaned the large 2260 eheim I have about a week ago but still every few minutes I hear (its almost random..might be 1 min or 5 min or 3min) it make a 'woosh' kind of noise as though there was a pocket of air trapped and came up. I dont see any water dripping anywhere or even moisture on any seals or fittings. Can it be sucking in a bit of air from somewhere without any water leakage?

Or if not, could there be lots of trapped air in there? I tried slapping the side of the filter and when I did that a couple times, it did make a lot more of the air sucking noise...or bubbles inside noise. Could it be some kind of gas being produced due to the biological filteration in there? The bio media was established, I only rinsed it in tank water and put it back.

Thanks guys,

contoursvt
03-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Googled it and found the answer. Actually I run a prefilter on the inlet and that had gotten a bit restrictive which supposedly caused it to cause bubbles to form inside the filter from the dissolved gasses due to it sucking hard?? Dont know if this makes sense but I just rinsed the pre-filter which I normally do every week but I missed 1 week and the noise is gone. No intermittent air gurggling noise.