PDA

View Full Version : Research Paper

Tobeannounced
03-03-2005, 08:13 PM
So for English I get to do a research paper on anything I want to...So I chose to do a paper on cichlids...

Banking on The future: DNA baking African Cichlids for Re-population in the Future

I will be writing on DNA banking now so we have multiple choices of wild species for cloning. I will be focusing on why we need to DNA bank now when the species selection is wider and more genetically diverse, by obtaining specimens not closely related as to avoid genetic abnoralities. Therefore if extinction occurs in the Great Rift Lakes we have the option of cloning those species in the future.

My problem is I can find a lot of information on the do it side of the argument but not on the against side. To form a balanced argument I need input from both in my research. Other than the religious articles saying Ban all cloning I haven't found arguments against DNA banking or cloning to repopulate extinct or endangered species.

So If anybody knows of articles against that please let me know...

And if in Mid-may you would like to read the paper I write let me know via PM or E-mail

Glaive
03-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Hmmm as a devil's advocate I would focus on the arguement of extinction occurs for a reason, look at jurasic park, the book.

As for hard articles, I have none at the time, but I will pass em on if I find any.

Seedy
03-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Thank you!
It helps on that subject i have found some usefull material.