PDA

View Full Version : Fluval 304 or Emperor 400

ozzie22m
02-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I am thinking about getting a 55 gallon tank and wondering what i should use for filtration, the Fluval 304 canister or the Emperor 400 power filter. And also what size heater and powerhead/airpump should i get?

Heyguy74
02-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Both are good. I like to have more than one filter on my tanks. You could get the emporer and the make a diy canister filter. Also depends on the fish and how many that will be in there. Use your powerhead to flow into the canister filter. Mine cost about $30.00 including pump to make. Same thing for the heaters. Two is better in case one goes or gets broken. Id recommend ebo jaggen heaters. Two 150 watt heaters will be fine. Check out Thatfishplace.com. They should have everything you need.

kevboy
03-08-2005, 06:58 PM
i would agree. i like to use two filters on all my tanks, in case of power outgages when one might not restart. 440 is a good filter but the cartridges tend to clog rather quickly, but i guess this means they are doing their job...and of couse they are easy to rinse, or replace fluvals are great filters, but they have a couple of quirks. sometimes it's tough to know when it needs to be cleaned because the fliter lets a substantial amount of water bypass the filter material, i just keep to a schedule. they other thing is that they can be very difficult to get restarted.