PDA

View Full Version : Aquaclear 500

MNCichlid
01-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Dempsey88 has a thread where he asked if he should not use carbon, but just the sponge. I would like to expand and ask another question. I am still in a battle with internal parasites and right now am using Jungle tank buddies tablets. I removed the carbon to do this and my tank has never been more clear. Is this just a coincidence?

Aslo, the manufacturer says all inserts should be replaced regularly. I find it hard to believe the ceramic doughnuts? should be replaced. Am I right?

Heyguy74
01-31-2005, 03:07 PM
The cermaic media doesn't have to be replaced. Eventually, the sponges will get too dirty and need to be replaced.

chc
01-31-2005, 04:32 PM
FYI, if you really have internal parasites (please fill us in), you'll need to get medication inside the fish. Medicating the water, though commonly suggested and done, really isn't very effective. Get some metronidazole (Seachem) and mix it in the food. Specific directions are on the metro vial.

MNCichlid
01-31-2005, 04:43 PM
I have a thread in cichlid health regarding it. I raised temps like agez suggested, put salt in the water. I bought medicated food but the Krib is not eating. I don't know if I should stop what I am doing and let nature take it course on the Krib. I am trying to prevent secondary infections. I don't know how it spreads from fish to fish. Basically I'm clueless, how rampant it is in there..

MNCichlid
01-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry, its under American Tank