PDA

View Full Version : possible fungus?

Banky
02-02-2003, 10:13 AM
i woke up the other morning to find that one of my fish looked almost to have a small cut in his head (right above his left eye). i figured that my fish had been fighting again and looked at the place and thought he would be fine...

well, a couple days later the cut has turned from a what looked like a cut. to a white puffy looking thing. with red on the center. i looked up on some of the websites you all have posted. and it mentions a fungus that looks like 'a white cotton ball'. and i thought that could be it... but the pics i found on some of the websites look nothing like that... so could it be the cut just got infected? or could it be that fungus? and just looks a little different?

:(

SGypsyMermaid
02-02-2003, 01:31 PM
probably is fungus that looks a little different. you need to treat that quickly. i like aquarisol, but i'm sure that there are other meds that work as well.

Banky
02-02-2003, 01:47 PM
ok thnx :) i was gonna post a pic of it... BUT i read the announcement about cichlid gallery... so i guess i will try to do it later today...

Banky
02-02-2003, 08:01 PM
ok, got the medicine... do i take the fish out and add it to a hospital tank? or do i treat the entire tank? in case the parasites are in the tank?

SGypsyMermaid
02-02-2003, 10:22 PM
hospital tank is usually best.

lil-crab
03-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I used Aquarisol, didn't work well for me. I lost a few fish in the process :( , but then it might work for you. Aquarisol, is meant to be safe for use of the whole tank, I would use it in the tank you have the fish in now, cuz you never know what other fish has it too.