PDA

View Full Version : Ebo-Jager LZ 100 (100 Watt)

Farrmanchu
01-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I have an Ebo-Jager LZ 100 (100 Watt) heater. It has a "Water Line" on it, but can I still submerse it? In my other tank I use a Tronic which has the same "Water Line", but my LFS assured me I can submerse it-and I do with no problem. Should I put the Ebo-Jager underwater? I sure would like to hide it better.

z rock
01-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I've never owned an Ebo Jager heater. I've always heard they were the best. From looking in the catalogs I've never seen one that wasen't submersible.

If it's a hang-on it should have a clamp for hanging it on the tank. If it has no clamp it will probably become a submersible with little effort.

You can shop through the catalogs on the net and see if you can find your heater and see what it say's about it.

Some good one's are That Pet Place, Petsolutions, Big Al's, ect.

Farrmanchu
01-15-2005, 10:41 PM
No, no clamp, just some suction cups. I never thought of checking the specs. on a new one on the web-great idea, thanks!

cich1
01-15-2005, 11:21 PM
i think i remember others saying that in canada due to some law that they can't advertise aquarium heaters as submersible.Rudy would probably know.

Seedy
01-15-2005, 11:59 PM
the line is a minimum...not a maximum....The heater is fully submersable...

Seedy
01-16-2005, 12:01 AM
If the heater is not in the water to at least the line, then the heater may crack....

BTW...I own both a Tronic and an EboJager....good heater, but I'm going titnium or ceramic in all my newer tanks....less chance of breakage...