PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Fliter media

Heyguy74
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
I have an Eheim 2329 Wet/dry filter. When I bought it, the filter didn't come with media. Since itís a wet/dry I used bio balls in the top 2 media containers and ammo chips in the lower container. I did put some filter floss under the ammo chips. (To keep the ammo chips from falling through the container). Here's the problem I noticed I have almost no water flow coming out of the filter. When I contacted eheim they told me only the eheim substrate should be used in this filter. When I went to see find the substrate from the net, I found it to be very expensive. Cheapest I found it was a 5-liter box for $61.99 at thatpetplace.com. Has anybody had success with an Eheim Wet/Dry filter and not used eheim media?

Heyguy74
01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
I guess no bodies tried diff media. So i ran the filter last night without any media and it worked perfect. I also tried it with one container filled with bioballs and the wet/dry function stopped. The water was tricking out of the spraybar. I broke down and bought the eheim substrate. Hopefully it will work ok.

abenez
01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
check out http://www.bigalsonline.com/?splash_done=1 (big al's) for what I found to be the best prices!

chc
01-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Bioballs are not a good choice for submerged applications. You made a good choice going with the Eheim material.

Heyguy74
01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm expecting the substare today. I hope all goes well.

Thanks