PDA

View Full Version : slight aqua clear issue (annoying really)

Chewy
12-28-2004, 08:14 PM
I have become quite the fan of the aqua clear filters but I have one question. Why is it that no matter how I level the darn thing after a few short days (if any at all) they seem to overflow out the intake housing back into the tank. Amy I missing something? I tend to major league overkill the filter quantities on my tanks for more than one reason so I am not worried about untreated water, but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. Is it a levelling problem or is it normal for the three stage process. I use the carbon (obviously) and the ammo-chips to get the job done in my tanks. BTW every tank has an AC of some sort. The fifteens have AQ 200's w/ a cheap whisper as a supplemental. all the rest are AQ 300's w either a 150 or an aquatech 30-60 (yep generic, wal-mart crap, but a decent supplement in a pinch)

DR.J
12-29-2004, 10:05 AM
i have seen this hapopen to me with my whisper..... never has happened to my ac500 ......yet.lets hope it doesnt.... but my ac500 does does make noise somtimes just cuz of the way it hangs on the back of the tank...i put it on the way its spose to be..its not side ways or crooked at all... but im still confused to y at night when im sleeping all you here is like a creeking noise from the filter.

Chewy
12-29-2004, 07:53 PM
I heard the creaking, and solved by cleaning off the impeller. But the water still pours over the intake and back into the tank

cich1
12-29-2004, 10:38 PM
i notice my ac200 backflows into the tank by the intake too,but neither one of the ac500's do.i don't know why though.:confused:

chc
12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Once there is a little resistance through the media (sponge, etc.), the water find an "easier" route over the top. Run the AC without media, and this will not happen (but neither will nitrification!).

Chewy
12-30-2004, 08:21 PM
okay so not a big deal, rinse and be merry accept the over flow cause there is nothing really wrong. I can deal with that.

Chewy
01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
darn snails!!!!!!!!! I figured out some of myproblem. The tank I have had the most problem with was being cleaned and taking care of the filter (which I do whenever this problem occurrs) I realized that the filter was filled with a ton of snail shells. I have had this problem for a while and am wondering if this is my problem with the filters. If I wasn't working 7 days a week I would be able to hit all of my tanks at once and find out.