PDA

View Full Version : friends for my rams

new guy
12-27-2004, 12:59 PM
im going to be seting up a new 20l tank for my rams i now have 2 rams and i what to get 2 more. I was thinking on geting some neon tetras and or some gupies so tell me are these fish a good choise and if so how many should/could :wink: i get

thank you for any info

MNCichlid
12-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Why don't you try something different than neon tetra's? Maybe rummy nosed? I have black neons and serpae in my tank. I would rather have rummy nose, they are cool looking. Especially the tail..

cich1
12-27-2004, 01:09 PM
i have neons and guppies in with my rams and everything seems to be working out so far.i have 4 of each but i think you may want to get at least 8 or 10 neons(they are more comfortable in large groups)the guppies i have no idea the 4 i have seem pretty happy.

new guy
12-27-2004, 01:20 PM
ok well here is another question i just remember i have this littel glo lite in my comunty tank i dont even remember when where i got him but i think i will put him whith my rams so wolud he need anothe glo lite to be his friend or would he school with neons or rummy noses ?

new guy
12-27-2004, 01:23 PM
o yea and i also would like to know how to tell the differance betwen male and female rams if any one can help me there

sosnarfy
12-27-2004, 03:40 PM
I have Bolivian rams and German blue rams in the same tank, living peacefully and happily with neon tetras, black skirt tetras, black phantom tetras, harlequin rasboras, pencilfish, popendetta rainbowfish, threadfin rainbowfish, neon rainbowfish and other various community fish. I don't know what kind of ram you have, but keep in mind that they really like soft water with a lower ph. I don't recall what guppies like, but you should select fish that like the same water parameters as your rams.

agez
12-27-2004, 11:10 PM
male n female are destinguished by the red belly, extra blue and pointed dorsal and anal finage (seen as a sharp extension flagging behind a male fish)