PDA

View Full Version : Water exchange?

MNCichlid
11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't know how this will fly but, I live in Savage and I have hard water. Does anyone in the Minneapolis area who I here has softer water, want to exchange lets say 10-15 gallons a week? I use RO water to soften my American tank and I would prefer a cheaper soluton. I also only get 5 gallons at a time at the grocery store.

fish speaker
11-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Hmmm...sounds like you should just concentrate on the Rift Lake cichlids. :twisted:

Seriously, good luck. You might also want to look at buying your own RO filter.

agez
11-28-2004, 07:04 PM
buy a softening kit, n when it runs out recharge it with non iodised cooking salt! the lfs's here ALLL do it when the tap water in their area is hard...... its a 'softening pillow' but they come in all sizes n you just throw it in your penguin or in the flow of any filter, i use one myself for my discus their GREAT. dont forget to check parameters cause you will need to remove and replace it every once in a while when it gets too soft and remember that even the smallest one is good for a 55gal tank! it will all cost you around 25$ australian if you were here, i suppose around $30 there??? if you recharge it yourself with the salt it will last 3-5 months