PDA

View Full Version : devil or trimac??

agez
11-27-2004, 01:38 AM
so besides my sig, i also now have a turquise severum and a white edge riv male to go in that 260, oh and minus the brasiliensis(gone to my mates for growing). so i was thinking is seven fish enough, well of course it is! BUT i did either want a devil or trimac too!!!!- is there enough room???? AND what should i use as dithers- cons or silver dollars, im currently leaning toward dollars cause i think the cons are just gonna nip fins and get eaten (which wouldnt bother me other than the nipping fins:twisted: )

bevoman
11-27-2004, 06:53 AM
agez,
I personally think you would be pushing your luck to put a trimac or devil in that tank. Just my opinion.
Also, I would use the silver dollars. I have had great luck with them as dithers.

agez
11-27-2004, 07:14 AM
thanks man, so you SURE there isnt enough room????

bevoman
11-27-2004, 08:07 AM
You never really know until you try it. All fish are different. I would just think the odds would be stacked against you. You might try, just be ready to remove a fish if you need to before they do too much damage to each other.

agez
11-27-2004, 08:25 AM
hrrm might aswell try it a trimac is really a dream to have here in melbourne as its SO hard to find! only flowerhorns here, n ill keep my thoughts to myself on hybrids! i asked about devils to see how the trimac rates in general- but i know its really the fish itself. i might try a smaller male trimac n see how i go- if all fails ill descide who gets to move out- like big brother...maybe we could all vote?!?!?!

cich1
11-27-2004, 08:27 AM
i think a devil or trimac would bully some of it's less aggressive tankmates.then again like bevo said, each fish's personality is different it may work out for you.good luck agez:ok:

Rex Karr
11-27-2004, 10:32 AM
260 gallons is a good size tank, but you've already got the Jag, and your other fish are wimps (simple fact :))

I'd be tempted to try it if you didn't already have the Jag. But with it, I don't know.

agez
11-28-2004, 02:28 AM
i think the jag is female, its difficult to tell at this size but it has a MUCH deeper and fatter body than any others of her brothers and sisters at my mates, plus no pointed fins??? wich means if shes anything like the females ive met before shell ALSO be a whimp!!! also ive made some changes to my fish, no more brasiliensis, plus a salvini that i got for free, and a white edge rivulatus- the shark cats are gone too (for the room factor) and im now wondering uaru or trimac (MAY be a flower horn, cant tell yet its too small and the last one left, DAMN i hate hybrids *fingers crossed*)
let me know rex, jason, or anyone who can help???

punkypuffer
11-28-2004, 09:59 AM
uaru's are wussy fish that get stressed very easily (often called "poor man's discus"). i don't think you should consider one as a candidate in that tank-o-monsterfish.

bevoman
11-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Punky is correct. They also need softer water than the others you have mentioned. I would try the trimac and see what happens. It might work.

agez
11-28-2004, 06:59 PM
THANKS GUYS! your both awsomely helpful much very! thank you again...and off to find a trimac somewheres in melbourne i go! (like finding a needle in a hey stack!)