PDA

View Full Version : hiding places?

will
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
hey
has anyone ever tried putting pvc pipe in there aquarium...
I mean it is really cheap and there are some pretty cool pieces of pipe with more than 5 outlets or openings on one piece of pipe....

I bet the fish would love this but it wouldn't look very good...

It would make great hiding places for fish...

thanks

Superman
11-26-2004, 10:32 PM
my brother did that in his tank once. His fish were ok with it, they weren't as crazy as you'd think they were about it, but they didn't care. It looks kinda cruddy though, IMO. It makes the tank look really cheap.

punkypuffer
11-26-2004, 10:44 PM
lots of people do that :)

Woot
11-26-2004, 11:14 PM
I use pvc in multiple tanks, males like them for a territory. For smaller Mbuna anyway.

The fun part is hiding the pvc.

cich1
11-30-2004, 09:45 PM
i have pvc in my tank as well.i agree with Woot,hiding it is the fun part.

barramundi
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM

barramundi
11-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Try again...

I use pvc elbows for my Multi's & they breed like rabbits in them! Not "pretty" but very functional! I've siliconed them to glass squares so they stay upright. I was going to silicone coral & sand & stuff all over them but cos it's just a breeder tank didn't bother & they don't care. But for a display tank, that's a real easy way to disguise them. Seedy has an article in the DIY section showing how he disguises clay pots & it works just as well with pvc! HTH.:ok:

Oh & the fish moved the sand that way!:)

barramundi
11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Close up...

cich1
11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
:ok:nice Barra.the way i look at it is if it doesn't bother the fish then it doesn't bother me.you can see on the right side my halfa$$ed attempt at trying to hide the pvc in my tank.:D

barramundi
12-01-2004, 12:42 AM
What pvc, cich1, can't see it..........:D

Nicw fish by the way mate!:ok:

Woot
12-01-2004, 12:56 PM
I use a T-section and two elbows on each end in my 75 gallon. Cover it mostly with sand and rocks, unless I was lazy after netting up holding females. :rolleyes: They like to make me tear things apart usually, but sometimes I get lucky and don't need to. I also have a few T-sections and elbows in the breeder setups that the Mbuna use. I don't think they care much about how the pvc looks. :wink: