PDA

View Full Version : how to clear water up?

will
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Hey, If anyone can help me with my problem i will take advice..
it seems there are dirt particles or soemthing floating around and i can't get it to clear all the way up...If u kno something that will help me i would appreciate it..
Thanks
reply asap

jennigypsy
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi will...
welcome :)
.<..please don't post the same topic multiple times...>
You'll get replies, I swear :)...there are TONS of helpful posts and people here.
...you need to post some more details on your tank...water parameters, what fish are in the tank, how big..etc.
How long has the tank been set up? When was the last water change...and how much? Did you replace your filter media?

jonah
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
The other topics have been removed.

jennigypsy
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
I pasted will's PM to me for some more info for others on the forum
thanks...
i have 3 yellow labs 2 mbuna a aupuratus and 2 jack dempseys....i also have a mixture of other african cichlids i don't kno what they are though...

My tank is a 29 gallon which i will be getting a 55 gallon soon...but i changed the water about 9 days ago....it has been like this for a while now i can't remember when it was clear but there are particles floating around and i can't get the water clear..

I appreciate the advice with posting something multiple times..
i'm new here so i didnt' kno
but reply if u have any info on how to clear my water up..

Thank you
[/quote]
Hi Will :)
..ok...
29 gallons....8+ mbuna is kind of a lot of fish...in my opinion...depending on their size. ...I DEFINATELY think a bigger tank is in order ! :)
(by the way...your dempseys and africans usually require somewhat different water parameters...ph...)
What is your ph?...you did a water change 9 days ago...how much?...are you only siphoning some of the water or completely breaking down the tank & filter every time?
What filter are you running?
I'm going to post this reply in the forum also.
You can either pm me, or post in the thread you started.
Talk to you soon!
Jennifer:ok: