PDA

View Full Version : RO water?

MaryPa
11-24-2004, 03:37 AM
I use pure RO water in all my tanks with RO Right.In my Convict,Firemouth and Redhump earth eaters I use Kent Cichlid Chemistry.I found this formula online and was wondering if I could safely switch over to it instead of the Kent CC?>>> 1T Epsom salt.1t baking soda and 1t aquarium salt per 5 gal?<<< If it`s a safe formula i`s gradually change over with future water changes.Any suggestions would be helpful.I`d like to save money by switching but not at the risk of my fish`s health.

punkypuffer
11-24-2004, 09:29 AM
you should make some of that new stuff (ie the salt, baking soda, etc) and test for pH... to me that sounds like your pH would be super low

agez
11-24-2004, 08:53 PM
baking soda DRASTICLY raises ph!!! ive used it for ears when my ph gets too low from my drift wood- i would be very warey! perhaps test as punky says....btw how are your new puffers punk?

punkypuffer
11-24-2004, 10:40 PM
they are still pretty skinny, but eating kinda :/..... i'm hoping very hard that they will make it

punkypuffer
11-24-2004, 10:41 PM
oh and maybe you're right! i couldn't quite remember if baking soda raised or lowered pH.. heh