PDA

View Full Version : $280, used 125, tank, top, and stand



salty
11-23-2004, 07:26 AM
hey all, i was just at a local fs, and they had a black used 125 g. with the top and light with a black iron stand, is this a good deal? I really like to buy things brand new, just because then i know its history. but i was wondering if thats not a bad price or if i should just save a little an buy a new one instead, i figured cuz its gettin close to x-mas that it wont be there long so i need some feedback quick. good deal or no? thanx- salty

jennigypsy
11-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Is the tank & stuff all in good shape?
If it's in good condition, I'd say it's not too bad a deal~!

salty
11-23-2004, 02:13 PM
yea, the tank is in good shape, but the plastic backing around the back of the tank lid is a little bit cracked and chipped, but only in like a 2" section, also i noticed the top light only fired up on one side and not the other. I thought maybe a short so i gave it a little wiggle, and it still didn't turn on, but whatever.... I'd like to get it, but I'm moving and all, and it really isn't a good time for me, moneywise. thanx for the reply, jgypsy. later - salty

jonah
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I'd pass on it if you're moving soon. It sounds like an okay deal, but I've seen quite a few that were better. Another one will come around sooner or later.

salty
11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
exactly what i was wondering, thanx jonah, actually you made me feel better. Thats kinda why i was asking to begin with, like if it sounded rare to find a deal like that, i was gonna go for it, but i was thinking like you said, maybe another good deal will come along under better financial circumstances. thanx again for the info. - salty

cich1
11-23-2004, 10:19 PM
yeah salty just keep watching the classifieds you'll find a better deal later.cruise by some yardsales too you can find some killer deals that way too.:ok:

agez
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
agreed, although maybe things are cheaper here? didnt seem that great to me?!?!?1 i paid for my 260gal 8X2X2 fully equipt with gravel and furnishings heaters 2 fluval 404's an empror penguin etc etc lots more 1500 aus NEW on cabinets, id hang out man i didnt plan on buying this tank, but it was just there flirting with me *staring vacantly* and it was so pretty *drooling* sitting there all dolled up with that look in its eye like "yeah do it, make me wet and fill me with your big american c.... OH i mean yeah just hang out man!
-agez

salty
11-24-2004, 07:30 AM
nice, agez. and everyone else, thanx for the help. -salty

Trim4c
12-01-2004, 10:33 PM
well....i payed 275 for just the tank...so..maybe you should consider...i dunno...

Capone
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Not too bad... Where I live you can't touch a 125,stand and hood new for under 800.....

fish speaker
12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by cich1
yeah salty just keep watching the classifieds you'll find a better deal later....

Unless you do like I did: you find an ad for a used tank/stand, etc. You think you can bargain down a bit and steal a deal. Then you go look at the tank, and the seller is this knockout, and all you can do is stand there, nodding and smiling, and next thing you know you've bought the thing...and you might have even paid more than the asking price! There are times when I should just walk away...:dunce:

cich1
12-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by fish speaker
Then you go look at the tank, and the seller is this knockout, and all you can do is stand there, nodding and smiling, and next thing you know you've bought the thing...and you might have even paid more than the asking price!

hahaha,yeah that could be a problem:rofl:

nefarious
12-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by fish speaker
Unless you do like I did: you find an ad for a used tank/stand, etc. You think you can bargain down a bit and steal a deal. Then you go look at the tank, and the seller is this knockout, and all you can do is stand there, nodding and smiling, and next thing you know you've bought the thing...and you might have even paid more than the asking price! There are times when I should just walk away...:dunce:

i bet ya it was done on purpose too! i would let my gf sell the tank.. get some extra money :sygypsy:

i would say its a good deal also.. at my area.. people are selling 75gallon tanks with stands at 200-300! if it was a 125.. it would be even higher.