PDA

View Full Version : Tank Mates(link to pics)

01-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Hello Everyone!!! I have been reading alot but this is my first post. I set up my 30 gallon tank 3 weeks ago using zebra danios to cycle. Friday I got 4 yellow labs! I am very happy with my fish. One is more white than yellow but o well, I ordered 3 and got 4. I got them because of their looks as well as their aggression level, and because I am a newbie. A week from when I got my Labs I want to add some more fish but dont want my labs to be in a bad situation.

I am thinking

2 Maylandia estherae (red zebras)
1 Pseudotropheus socolofi
1 Maylandia lombardoi (Kenyi) Hopefully Female.

I will add one specie next week and one each week after.

Advice?

Pictures
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1598954&uid=879847&members=1

jonah
01-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Skip the lombardoi, they're usually monsters IME. You might be alright with the others, but I'd just stick to electric yellows if it were my tank.

01-20-2003, 06:42 PM
A couple diffrent colors would be nice. I will probably end up bringing that and the socofoli back (I work that the petstore) if they reak havok on my labs. I guess I will try the zebras first and hope for the best..

jonah
01-21-2003, 04:38 AM
Rusties are usually pretty mellow. You might want to try them. Red zebras are usually hit or miss, they'll either be fine or a serious problem. Good luck. :D

01-26-2003, 11:57 AM
I tried to find some rusties with no luck..... I got 2 females zebras and male zebra and a unknown sex albino zebra. My nitrites when up high shortly after and I lost one of my almost white yellow labs. I am not sure if it was not healthy to begin with and that is why it wasnít yellow..... either way I am sure it was the nitrites that finished it off. They went up above 5. I thought I was done cycling but NOT. The male zebra, the albino, and the other white looking yellow lab are breathing hard and not swimming as much as the others. I am afraid they may be getting poisoned too. I changed 10 gallons Thursday, 10 gallons Friday and 5 gallons yesterday (todays Sunday) out of my 30 gallon tank and the nitrites are still off the scale of my tester. I am sure you guys proly cant help me..... I should of been more patient. I hope I donít kill anymore fish due to my impatience. At least I waited till the ammonia was gone or they would probably all be lost.